This bill repeals language concerning certain juvenile fines, fees, and costs.
- Repeals language concerning:
- (1) reimbursement by a parent to a county for certain costs related to the placement of a child in need of services (CHINS), placement of a delinquent child, or a child made a ward of the department of child services (DCS)
- (2) reimbursement by a parent to the department of correction for costs of certain services
- (3) certain juvenile probation fees
- (4) court costs for CHINS and delinquency proceedings
- (5) costs for a child returned to Indiana under an interstate compact
- (6) reimbursement by a parent to a county for public defender services provided to a child
- (7) fines, costs, and fees imposed on a delinquent child, or the parent or guardian of a delinquent child, throughout the juvenile code.
- Provides that any: (1) outstanding costs, fees, or other financial obligations; or (2) any warrant based solely on costs, fees, or other financial obligations that have been imposed on a delinquent child or the parent or guardian of a delinquent child are vacated and unenforceable.
You can read the full bill here.
Primary sponsor(s): Rep. Porter
Bill number: HB 1208